Monday, March 1, 2010

sundance and moonface

it's good to be in love, it really does suit you. just like everything.
i'm happy you're in love, 'cause every color goes where you do.

-it's good to be in love, frou frou

[tumblr]

i re-read White Oleander, by Janet Fitch this week for about the 15th time. time to branch out i think (:
book-list for 2010, in no particular order of preference:

01.More Than You Know, Beth Gutcheon
02.Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
03.Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand
04.Double Duce, Aaron Cometbus
05.Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sedaris
06.Henry and June, Anaïs Nin
07.Invisible Monsters, Chuck Palahnuik
08.The Wishing Chair, Enid Blyton
09.L'Etranger, Albert Camus
10.The Road, Cormac McCarthy
11.The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
12.Water for Elephants, Sarah Gruen
13.Bright Lights, Big City, Jay McInerney
14.The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera
15.A Pair of Blue Eyes, Thomas Hardy
16.Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
17.Paradise Lost, John Milton

18.Damage, Josephine Hart
19.Bridge to Terabithia, Katherine Paterson
20.A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lemony Snicket
21.Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury
22.Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami

23.Water Babies, Charles Kingsley

14 comments:

  1. I love the first image. Brings a tear to my eye - and makes me miss my boyfriend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty images. I've read White Oleander a couple times myself. Your book list looks wonderful! Catcher in the Rye is my favorite book of all time always and forever so I read it at least once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics! thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your book list! I haven't read any except an unfortunate series of events, but I loved Anthem by Ayn Rand and I've heard that Atlas Shrugged is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so many of my favorite books are on this list. And I love the fact that you included children's stories amongst the adult ones - I always find myself mesmerized with books intended for children. They're so magical!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I saw want to read Haruki Marukami. I hear lovely things about those books. Such a great list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so pretty. I'm following! :)

    xxxx
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. SKINS, I just watched the one about freddie&effy,they are both so beautiful! I love these two photos.

    LuvLux
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing photos!! That first one in particular is stunning..."color goes where you do"....those are beautiful words

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is great that Enid Blyton's The Wishing Chair is no.8 on your list. Talking of Enid Blyton, I am glad to inform you that I have published a book on her, titled, The Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.bbotw.com).
    Stephen Isabirye

    ReplyDelete
  11. Water for Elephants is so good. I wasn't fond of Catcher in the Rye, but I know a lot of people like it. I'm curious to see if you do, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely incredible images, and incredible book list.
    Taking most of these books into account, thank you.
    XO THE GIRL IN GREY

    ReplyDelete
  13. oo i have atlas shrugged and bridge to terebithia...let me know if you want to borrow them!
    <3
    mobaboba

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog, it's this ginormous collection of beautiful words and pictures.

    I'd like to recommend 'the picture of dorian grey' if you haven't already read it -it's by Oscar Wilde. Also, anything written by Paulo Coelho is worth reading.

    Do you have Twitter? Because you seem like someone I would want to stalk through Twitter.

    ReplyDelete

marshmellow love (: