Saturday, November 13, 2010

you could break a bone, or a heart

in the waters tracing features, did they scare hardened creatures?
in that murky green reflection, did they warn you of dissection?
- turtle island, beach house

[witheredbones]

it seeped in,
(through the chimney?
the window left ajar?)
it sat at the table, unseen,
we had dinner at eight;
it sat between us
pronounced an expiration date.


i’m a far more flawed human being than you realize. my sickness is a lot worse than you think:
it has deeper roots. and that’s why i want you to go on ahead of me if you can. don’t wait for me.
sleep with other girls if you want to. don’t let thoughts of me hold you back...
i don’t want to interfere with your life. i don’t want to interfere with anybody’s life.
like i said before, i want you to come to see me every once in a while,
and always remember me. that’s all i want.
- Haruki Murakami, norwegian wood

4 comments:

  1. beautiful!




    http://foupourlamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! I love love your blog!!! I feel guilty when am in a rush and am not able to leave a comment but your blog is much appreciated and it creates so many inspiration its magical!! And the words how true to the heart they are!! That’s what most of humanity desire to be remembered – by a guy your dreadfully in love with friends and family members…………… thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that second snapshot.
    Haven't forgotten about you ♥
    I'll always love your words, both created and posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful photos and excerpt. I love Murakami ;)

    ReplyDelete

marshmellow love (: